Jonathan is a skilled Clinical Psychologist who specialises in working with children and adolescents with emotional-behavioural concerns such as depression and anxiety.
Jonathan believes in strong partnership working with children and their families to achieve the best outcomes. He always strives to build collaborative working relationships with family members, teachers and other key caregivers.
What Jonathan Can Help With
Jonathan can help with a number of issues, including:
- Emotional difficulties such as anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Behavioural difficulties presenting at home or in school
- Deliberate self-harm, such as cutting
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), providing assessments and advice
- Autism / Autistic Spectrum Disorder, providing assessments and advice
- Cognitive assessments (including the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) and Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS)
Areas of Special Interest
Jonathan specialises in using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques to help children and adolescents with emotional-behavioural issues. He also focuses on parenting for children in their early years.
Training and experience
Jonathan uses a variety of established therapeutic models including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Family or Systemic Therapy
- Brief therapies such as Narrative and Solution Focused Therapy
- Positive Behavioural Support for children with autism and ADHD
- Parenting support and advice using Personalised Individual Parenting Training for children aged 1-6
- Incredible Years Parenting groups for children aged 0-11
Jonathan is a Registered Clinical Psychologist.
To make an appointment with Jonathan or speak to him about your concerns, please call us on 0208 6737930.