Lizzie is the team leader of Children’s Therapies and an experienced paediatric Speech and Language Therapist. She helps children with a range of speech, language, and communication difficulties, including children with behavioural, social, and emotional difficulties, and children with learning difficulties.
What Lizzie can help with
Lizzie is experienced in providing assessment and individual and group therapy for children with a range of speech, language and communication difficulties. She also has experience in providing training and support for teaching staff and parents/carers.
Lizzie is available for home visits, visits to schools and nurseries, and clinic appointments. Lizzie believes in the importance of working closely with parents, carers, and professionals.
Lizzie’s training includes:
- SCERTS – an approach which supports children with autism and social communication difficulties
- Makaton – a key word signing system used to promote the development of spoken language and initiation skills which uses speech and gesture, facial expression, eye contact and body language.
- SmiLE Therapy Stage 1 – an approach which focuses on functional communication skills to support deaf students and those with additional needs
- Lidcombe Program
Lizzie has also has informal training in Lego Therapy, Attention Autism, Colourful Semantics and Shape Coding.
- Social communication difficulties
- Language delays and disorders
- Learning difficulties, including Down’s Syndrome
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Speech sound delays and disorders
To make an appointment with Lizzie or speak to her about your concerns, please call us on 0208 6737930.