Social and Developmental Psychology BA Hons, PGDIP Speech & Language Therapy
MRCSLT HCPC MASLTIP
Marianne is the owner of Children’s Therapies and a paediatric Speech and Language Therapist. As well as running the practice, Marianne works with school and nursery aged children across South West London.
What Marianne can help with
Experienced in providing assessment and therapy for a large range of language, speech sound, fluency and social communication difficulties, Marianne delivers 1:1 and group therapy for children, as well as indirect work with parents and teaching staff.
Her certified training includes:
- Hanen ‘It Takes Two to Talk – a course for parents of young children who are late talkers (see www.hanen.org)
- The Lidcombe Programme of Early Stuttering Intervention.
- Elklan – Marianne is a licensed Elklan trainer for the Open College Network level 2/3 qualification in speech and language knowledge and skills for those working with preschool children, children with autism and school aged children.
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) training – a successful approach that uses pictures to develop communication skills in children with learning and communication difficulties (including Autism) www.pecs.org.uk
- Intensive Interaction therapy for non verbal children
- Makaton Signing – key word signing system used to promote the development of spoken language and initiation skills which uses speech and gesture, facial expression, eye contact and body language. www.makaton.org
- Nuffield Dyspraxia training – a widely used programme to manage Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia / Childhood Apraxia of Speech and other severe speech disorders. www.ndp3.org
Areas of special interest
- Working with children in the mainstream school environment
- Language delays and disorders
- Speech sound delays and disorders
- Social communication difficulties
- Working with children who have Down’s Syndrome and Autistic spectrum disorders
- Specific Language Impairment
If you would like to make an appointment with Marianne or speak to her about your concerns, please call us on 0208 6737930.