Zuzana is a highly qualified psychotherapist, counsellor and therapeutic play coach. She specialises in working with children with developmental differences such as autism, trauma or early attachment difficulties.
Using the latest thinking in the field of psychotherapy, Zuzana follows a way of working that brings psychotherapy to the child in their natural environment. She works with parents and children together at home, and uses play-coaching and other therapy techniques to build the supportive and nurturing relationships that are such an important foundation for children to grow and learn in other areas of life.
For school-aged children, Zuzana also works at school with teachers to improve their understanding of the child’s behaviours and provide all-round support to the child.
Zuzana specialises in working with children under 5, and believes strongly in the value of early intervention to achieve the best outcomes for children. Zuzana has previously worked with children and teens in a wide range of childcare, educational and therapeutic roles in the Czech Republic, UK, UAE and USA.
What she can help with
Zuzana specialises in helping children with:
- developmental differences
- autism spectrum disorder
- sensory integration difficulties
- emotional and behavioural challenges
How she can help parents and caregivers
Zuzana can help parents, teachers and carers:
- have a deeper understanding of your child
- read your child’s cues
- explore your child’s unique way of being in the world
- identify what behaviours to target for change and why
- go on a journey with your child to a place of optimal well-being and psychological functioning
What to expect
Zuzana holds sessions in the child’s natural environment, at home and at school. She uses play, movement, art, music and talking in her sessions as a way to connect and communicate with children. These techniques help to support their development and emotional healing.
She also works closely with parents, educators and other therapists who might be supporting the child, using video analysis of play interactions to enhance this collaboration.
- MA in Integrative Child and Adolescent Counselling
- Mgr. in Ethopedy (the study of using therapeutic play in education)
- Advanced DIR-Floortime Certificate, see more about the DIR-Floortime Model
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theoretical Perspectives in Psychotherapy
- Graduate Certificate in Arts for Change (focusing on the therapeutic use of the arts)
- Registered with www.icdl.com
To make an appointment with Zuzana or speak to her about your concerns, please call us on 0208 6737930.