We offer a range of different assessments at Children’s Therapies.
Clinical and Educational Psychology Assessments:
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS): this is carried out by one of our clinical psychologists, often inconjunction with a paediatritiian. It is a semi-structured assessment of communication, social interaction and play, for individuals suspected of having autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- ADHD assessments: our clinical psychologist is able to carry out assessments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Psycho-educational assessments (6-16 years old): our Educational Psychologist is able to carry out assessments to investigate a range of difficulties, including; dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia and the cognitive/educational aspects of dyspraxia/DCD, Working memory limitations, More general executive function difficulties.
- Assessments for sixth-form students preparing to study at university:
- Assessments of early skills development (for children 5 years old): this assessment explores a range of early difficulties related to learning, including Early reading accuracy skills, Early reading rate and reading comprehension skills, Early spelling skills, Phonological (sound) processing, Numeracy skills, Mathematical problem solving, Working memory investigation
Speech and Language Therapy Assessments:
- Assessments for Language Delay/disorder
- Speech sound assessments
- Nuffield Dyspraxia
Occupational Therapy Assessments:
- Sensory integration: Our Occupational Therapist (OT) will help you identify whether your child has sensory intergration or sensory processing difficulties that may be affecting their well being and preventing them reaching their physical potential.
- Visual perception difficulties
- Bilateral integration difficulties
For more information about any of our assessments, or to book in an assessment for your child,
please contact us on 0208 6737930